The Concealed Light, PDF eBook
Names of Messiah in Jewish Sources
The Concealed Light is an inspiring book that introduces the reader into the rich background and meaning behind the names of the Messiah. Everyone is familiar—whether they know it or not—with theophoric names: If your name is "Daniel," you might know that the meaning is "God is my judge."
All the more so for identities given to the Messiah. In the Bible and other Jewish sources, the Mashiach is deliberately assigned various eye-opening and specific names. Each of these assignations offers deep insights into the attributes and expected roles of the person of Messiah—far beyond the watered-down concept of the Messiah that modern culture offers us.
The exposure to Jewish sources in the way they are presented in this book could tempt some to defend or negate particular religious convictions. However, the material presented here is not intended to be used as a "sword" against anyone's beliefs. The author's purpose in writing this book is to introduce the reader to treasures that can enrich his or her own understanding of the complex and profound Jewish view of Messiah.
- Beautifully designed and presented with 250 pages
- 101 names are grouped and arranged according to the Hebrew alphabet
- Unique index for each group of the names of Messiah in Hebrew and English
- Extensive references to biblical and non-biblical sources
- Full bibliography, plus index of names in English for easy reference
More about the Author
Dr. Tsvi Sadan is uniquely qualified as the author of this book. Born in Israel, where he currently resides, he holds a Ph.D. in Jewish History from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and has researched Jewish and Christian views of the Messiah for more than twenty years. Tsvi has taken on the task of becoming familiar with traditional Jewish materials. In this book he draws on this knowledge to give a picture of the Messiah found in Jewish literature but known to few Jews and fewer Christians.
eBooks are an electronic book format
While eBooks sold by First Fruits of Zion are not DRM-protected, it is nevertheless protected by the First Fruits of Zion copyright. We rely on the honesty of our customers not to violate our copyright by duplicating, selling, or sharing any of our digital publications.
eBook orders cannot be cancelled or swapped out after you have placed your order.
Before you purchase an eBook, please check the DETAILS tab to make sure it is sold in a suitable format for your use.
- PDF: (files have the .pdf extention). This format is widely associated with Adobe Acrobat Reader software, although the PDF format can also be read by some dedicated e-readers, and other software.
- MOBI: (files have the .mobi extention) This is the proprietary format used by Amazon Kindles and Kindle Fire tablets. To transfer the MOBI file to your Kindle device or Kindle App, refer to the instructions which came with the device, or the seller. You also can email the MOBI file to your dedicated Amazon Kindle email address which you will find in your Amazon account.
- EPUB: (files have the .epub extension) This is a free and open e-book standard by the International Digital Publishing Forum (IDPF). Most e-readers can open this format, on tablets or desktop computers.
eBooks can be read on a number of dedicated e-readers, however, almost any sophisticated electronic device that features a controllable viewing screen, including computers, tablets and smartphones can also be used to read eBooks, provided you have the appropriate software.
eBooks are not automatically transferred to your device. Refer to the Downloading Digital Resources information page for details on how to download your digital resources after purchase, and transfer it to your favorite digital device.