What About Paganism, MP3
Idolatry in a Modern World
I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. You shall have no other gods before Me. (Exodus 20:2)
Those who live in the West seldom see people worshiping or offering sacrifices to idols, but paganism is as real today as it was in the time of the Bible. Idolatry is not just a metaphor for materialism, it exists in a physical and tangible way as well. Paganism is not just something for the history books, but it is something every believer must guard against even today. This study will attempt to answer questions like:
- What are the origins of Christmas and Easter?
- What about secular holidays like Halloween and Thanksgiving?
- Can my son be in a Karate class?
- Are some Jewish customs actually pagan in origin as well?
- Idolatry in the Tanakh
- Idolatry in the Apostolic Period
- Holidays and Practices
- Common Misconceptions and Practical Application
A lot of misinformation and sensationalism about idolatry and paganism circulates in the Messianic Movement. Join First Fruits of Zion teacher Toby Janicki as he attempts to sort through the craziness to find a balanced perspective by examining the topic from a biblical perspective with an eye on history and Jewish thought.
Be prepared for an in-depth study on What About Paganism!