Understanding the Bottom Line of Giving
And Abram gave him a tenth of everything. (Genesis 14:20)
Most believers have been taught an obligation to give a tenth of their income to their home church, but is this really what the Bible requires? First Fruits of Zion teacher Toby Janicki attempts to answer this question and more as he takes you on a fascinating biblical and historical study of the obligation of tithing. What does the LORD require of you?
- Do the Torah’s commandments of tithing apply to us today?
- Did you know the Torah actually commands a tithe of over twenty percent?
- How is tithing practiced in Judaism today?
- Did Yeshua ever teach about tithing?
- What is the difference between charity and tithing?
- Does tithing guarantee financial blessings?
- Tithing in the Torah
- Tithing in the Apostolic Age
- Charity vs. Materialism
- Practical Application
Careful stewardship over our finances is not only an important biblical principle, it is a sign of true repentance and part of the call to discipleship. Yet, few things could be more challenging than generosity in today’s materialism-soaked culture. Be prepared for a challenging study on tithing and charity from a Messianic perspective. This teaching is packed full of information and ideas for practical implementation.
Dispel misinformation and get to the bottom-line!
Includes Hebrew/Greek Glossary
The What about Tithing audio lectures use many Hebrew and some Greek terms that may be unfamiliar to someone who doesn't speak or read in the original biblical languages. We have defined those words, and included them in a quick reference guide that you will find very useful.